Prayer/Care/Help (Deacons' Ministry)
What is a Deacon?
Simply put, deacons minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the helpless, and to any who may be in distress.
- Provide prayer support for members of the church and the community who request it.
- Deacons: Laura Hernandez, Mary-Garcia *Volunteers
- Arrange for meals to be prepared for member families with needs due to surgery, illness, childbirth, or other emergencies.
- Provide transportation for disabled members and seniors for church services, doctor appointments, or errands.
Promote health and well-being for the physical, mental and spiritual needs of our members through seminars, literature and home visits.
- Provide preparation and clean-up for all communion services.
- Assist with serving of communion during worship services
- Maintain emergency food bank of non-perishable food for short-term needs of people in our community.
Visitation & Bereavement
- Visit ill or house-bound members of the congregation.
- Minister to the families of deceased members and provide receptions for family and friends after funeral / memorial services.
- Visit members in the hospitals and nursing homes.
- Publicize the needs and services of the Deacon Committees.
- Maintain and supply literature racks at both church facilities.
- Send greeting cards to ill or bereaved members.