The Community Outreach Ministry exists to help the city and those in need through acts of kindness, love and service. Through acts of service, we can reach people with the message and hope of Jesus. By developing strong relationships and partnerships in the community, we grow spiritually as we serve and love those most vulnerable right in our own community. We show them that we care and help to give them hope that they desperately need.
Upcoming Community Outreach Activities:
Monthly Service Opportunities:
Visits to a Women’s Emergency Shelter – 3rd Friday of each month (5:30 – 7:30pm)
We will be doing separate crafts with the mothers and the children and then share a meal or dessert with them.
Host and Feed 25 Homeless Men at FPC – 2nd Sunday of each month
- plan, prepare and then share a meal with the 25 homeless men who are in crisis in their lives but seeking help to climb out of their current situation.
- Volunteers needed to help cook, greet and serve the men (10 per month)
Prepare Sandwiches for Dorothy’s Kitchen – 4TH Sunday each month
Help prepare sandwiches prior to their delivery on the 4th Sunday.
Other Possible Community Outreach Ministry activities:
- monthly convalescent home visits
- adopt a school
- clean-ups, literacy help, bless the teachers
- partner with Rebuilding Together or Habitat for Humanity
- partner with Interim to help the mentally ill in Mty. County
- food, clothing and school supply drives
- maintenance, clean-up for needy families
If you would like to volunteer for any of the above activities, provide input or be on the mailing list, please contact Rita Harvey at 422-7811 x 118,
. or visit her at the booth on Sundays.
Together we can make a difference…in His name.
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:1
Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1John 3:18